Lal Bahadur Shastri Centre for Indian Culture
Established in 1995, the Indian Cultural Centre, Tashkent and renamed as Lal Bahadur Shastri Centre for Indian Culture, Tashkent on March 23, 2005, sponsored by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, New Delhi, and run by the Indian Embassy is one of the most active foreign cultural Centres operating in Uzbekistan. It is situated at No. 114, Qibray Street (about one kilometre from “Buyuk Ipak Yuli” metro station).
The Activities of Lal Bahadur Shastri Centre for Indian Culture, Tashkent can be grouped under eight broad categories, viz.
· Implementation of Official Cultural Exchange Programmes;
· Teaching Activities;
· Special Cultural Events;
· Lectures and Get togethers;
· Popularization of Hindi and other Indian languages;
· Strengthening Indo-Uzbek Friendship & Understanding;
· Administering Government of India Scholarship Programmes;
· Dissemination of Information about India, its way of life and Culture;
Working Hours: 09:00 hrs. to 05:30 hrs. (Monday - Friday)
114, Qibray str., Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Phone: (+99871) 268-18-11; 268-72-74